Wednesday, June 18, 2008

No baby... =[


Well, my last entry had us at the hospital waiting to have a baby. That's where this picture was taken. Doesn't my gal look so great even when she's about to deliver a baby? I'm one lucky fella. Anyway, the on call doctor (who we never even saw or spoke to) followed protocol for a 35 1/2 week pregnancy, and attempted to stop the labor with medications. It worked. It was strange. I mean, we want what is best for our little guy of course. But we just spent so much of our energy just trying to make it to 34 weeks, that once it came and went, I guess we figured that they'd just let the baby come. We kind of forgot that he still is a month early, and still a preemie by all definitions. I guess we were just used to preemie meaning 27 weeks (Christine). So emotionally, especially for Emily - it was a really tough day. But now we're over it, and anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Little Dude. We're still struggling with a name...

0 comments: