Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Best Gift Ever

Emily received some excellent and very practical gifts at a recent shower thrown by our ward (thanks Joey!). The little dude got some great loot. Thanks to everyone for being so great. Anyway, I wanted to show what our neighbors gave us for our boy. The Hunsakers are our next door neighbors, and a couple of my very favorite people. Jannalee hand made this blanket and burp cloth, and then they gave him a shirt, hat and football, all with the perfect theme from the perfect team.

With a pregnancy lasting nine months, you can forget sometimes about what's coming. But you have these reality checks every now and again that remind you. When I saw these gifts, I had a major wake up call. I just sat there and stared at them, picturing my little man in them, and imagining what life with a son will be like. What will he be like? What will he look like? What will his talents be? Will he actually like football? What if he's drawn to ballet? Or baton twirling? Or designing cute little pink outfitsss? I'm sure I'll cope... I just can't wait to meet this guy. Aw man... tearing up again. Anyway, huge thank you to Scott and Jannalee, they got it exactly right.

1 comments:

Lonely Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.