Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My first boat.

This has been a long time coming. I've been wanting a boat for a very long time. I love waterskiing, and love boating in general. I'm very particular about the kind of boats I like. I'm a nerd for Mastercraft boats, and was long before they ever became what they have today. Once you've skied behind the best, it's hard to want to get behind anything else. This here is a 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205v. It's a slalom skier's boat. It's small (21 feet), and has a flat bottom which throws a fantastic ski wake. It's got a Chevy 350 in it, which kicks out about 275 horses. It's not a big lake, rough water boat - it's meant for skiing. But it's not a 197 either, which is the ideal ski boat. And it is exactly what I wanted.

I'm not ashamed of my excitement of having acquired this boat, juvenile as it may seem. This is one of my dreams come true. I feel like a little kid again at Christmastime. You couldn't wipe the grin of my face if you tried. The last couple nights I've simply gone out there, unbuttoned the canvas, and sat in it - doing nothing else. I can't wait to get it out on the water (hopefully tomorrow). Anyway...super excited here. I wasn't able to get a full profile shot of the boat because of how its parked.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So uh... when we going? I'll be up at Jordanelle all day on Saturday anyway... come join us!

Brandi said...

I agree, boating IS the best thing in the world! Congrats on your boat, it is a beauty!